Our product development team is looking for you to use your eye for detail, laser-sharp focus, and creative thinking to build outstanding web applications.
Your first startup journey at OAK’S LAB would be with one of the most influential fintech startups in the industry with a vision to be the first and last trade of every private company by bringing private companies, banks and brokers, stakeholders, and investors together to transact in one marketplace.
Joining a team of 15 members including Product Managers, Designers, Tech Leads, QAs, and Frontend Engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to own part of the application and collaborate closely with the Product managers and Designers to ensure the success of the product.
If you are an ambitious Engineer, we will give you the time and space to grow into a leadership role and lead and mentor your own team of engineers. You would play a key role in developing high-potential tech startups.
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Take ownership of critical parts of our application, proactively improving the user experience and driving business success
- Collaborate closely with talented Designers and Product Managers to align strategies and create exceptional user experiences
- Actively contribute to iterative development, driving efficiency and delivering high-quality solutions
- Ensure seamless functionality across devices with your expertise in mobile-first design principles
- Develop scalable code to accommodate growth and evolving business needs
- Join a supportive team dedicated to excellence, with opportunities for rapid career advancement and potential for a Tech Lead role
Skills & Requirements
We expect our ideal engineer to be driven, proactive and committed to achieving team goals. You be able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and must possess a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies as needed. Prior experience in large-scale or enterprise projects will be a significant advantage.
- Fluent level of English
- 3+ years of experience in building SPAs using React
- 5+ years in Engineering
- Experience with working on an enterprise project
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of Backend Development
- Traits that represent accountability and ownership
- Proactiveness and capability to make a difference
- Driven, hard work ethic showing commitment
Nice to have
- Previous experience in the fintech industry
- Experience with Swagger, GraphQL, Cypress, Antd
- Node.js (Apollo Server)
- Apollo Client
- React Native
- Github & Github Actions
- Prisma & TypeScript & Nexus
- Google Cloud Platform
Your first journey could take on our fintech startup from 6 months to a year. We work on 10 startups at a time which means that after your successful delivery, you would embark on a new journey. Here’s a sneak peek of the 35 startups we’ve built in the past:
- A passionate team around you with a growth mindset
- The ability to work wherever and customize your workflow
- The most photographed office in Prague, right on Old Town Square (and dog-friendly too)
- Tasty snacks and drinks throughout the day, Friday pizza, monthly breakfast at the office
- Multisport access
- A budget to spend on your growth (books, courses, conferences)
- 25 days off + 1 day off to celebrate your birthday + 1 day off for every year with OAK'S LAB
- Opportunity for a bonus gained from investments in our startup partners
- Team bonding, happy hours, online games, offsite trips - you name it
- Cross-department clubs (yoga, traveling, football, dancing, and more)
- A MacBook and hardware budget
- English lessons
- ... and we're ready for your ideas once you're in!